Hotmail Password Recovery – Everything looks great unless you forget your email account password and we all know it’s very frustrating. Just think about it, you have a meeting to attend and you cannot access your important files or documents, which is on your email account and you have forgotten your account password.
But you don’t need to worry about losing your account password as you can always recover your Hotmail account password through your alternate email address or the phone number that you have provided while signing up for the Hotmail account.
Steps to Recover your Hotmail Account Password
Hotmail password recovery is really a simple process, if you are not aware of it, you can easily follow the step by step procedure to recover your account. You can use this method to recover your password from any device, i.e: Desktop PC, Laptop, Mobile Phone etc.
- First of all, if you don’t know your email address or username use this link to recover your email address/username.
- Now if you know your username for the account or the email address, you just have to go through this link and click on the forgot your password link.
- A page will open which will ask you for your username/email address.
- Enter your email address for your account and it will lookup for your account.
- Once your account has been found you can request a recovery code that will be sent to your alternate email address or the phone number verification.
- Remember, you have to choose one option that you have currently access to. If you don’t have access to your Mobile phone choose the image verification and if you don’t have the access to your alternate email address choose the mobile phone verification.
- It will send a verification code to your email address or the mobile phone number to reset your Hotmail account password.
- Enter the verification code to the prescribed field and then it will ask you to enter a new password for your account.
- Choose a new and strong password and remember to save it somewhere safe which you can access anywhere.
You can also enable the Hotmail two-step verification for your account to make it even more secure.
Its time to Sign in to your Hotmail Account
Once you have reset your Hotmail account password now, it’s time to log into your account. If you don’t know how to login to your Hotmail account follow this guide, which will guide you through the easy steps to use your account.
What if you Lose Access to your Recovery Methods?
In that case, you will need to verify the identity of your Microsoft account. The Microsoft team will ask you to verify your identity for the account. They will ask you to give them a new email address where you can verify your identity or you can also choose the support email. They also have an option for live support on their official website.
Once you prove your identity for the account, your old email will be replaced with the new email address and then you can request a new password reset code which will be sent to your email address, and then through the link, you can set up a new password for your account.
Note: If you cannot prove your identity that you own the Microsoft account, your account recovery process can be difficult then, as it will raise a red flag towards the account and if your account is in-active for more than 6 months it will be deleted soon.
Hope this guide about Hotmail Password Recovery will help you if you still need any help regarding your Hotmail account password to recover or to reset the password of your account. You can contact us using the contact form or comment below.