Hotmail, now known as Outlook is one of the most oldest email service. At the time of its launch there were about more than 50 million users which was later increased to 5 billion users all across the world. This service was founded by the Microsoft Company, Co-founded by Sabeer Bhatia.
Hotmail was the most used service in the world before Gmail, as this was the very first electronic mail service in the world. We can still use this service but it is now renamed as Outlook Mail, which means when you try to access hotmail you will be redirected to the new domain i.e: outlook.live.com.
Signing up for Hotmail account doesn’t only allow you to use the mail service, but it will also give you access to a lot of other services by Microsoft, such as: One Drive, Skype, Office 365 and a lot more.
It also allows their users to send and receive attachments along with the email which was something new at that time and that was also a big reason behind the popularity of this service.
Ease of use: With so many features, the Microsoft team has made a lot of efforts to make a user-friendly navigation and easy to use service. That means everything in this service is so basic and straight forward that even a new user can sign up directly and start using the service without much issues.
Security: Users privacy and security is something which everyone needs to consider the most. The A-level security by Microsoft Team has made sure that their servers are pretty much secure and your data is totally safe with them. They also have a Two-Factor authorization feature which makes your account even more secure than anything, without inserting the security code (which a user receives on his/her registered mobile phone number) no one can access their account.
Send Huge Files: Like we described above, having a Microsoft account allows you to use One Drive service as well. Which can be used to upload and transfer huge files with the email. You just need to upload the data to One Drive, Copy Link and attach it with the email! It’s so simple. Along with this you can also set permissions for users who can view, edit or download your attachment with in the One Drive.
Quick View: Just like Google Docs, Hotmail also have Quick View service which allows you to create, view and edit important documents online. This service supports (.docx, .xls, .xlsx, .doc etc) that means you have all your files online with you. These files or documents are stored on the One Drive secure servers.
How to Sign up for Hotmail Account?
Like the other services, creating an account for Hotmail is also a quick and a simple process. The most user-friendly and easy to understand website navigation, even a newbie can sign up for the account but in case if you don’t know how to create an account for hotmail, you can follow the easy steps given below.
- Open any web browser using PC, Laptop or Mobile Phone and visit the official website, which is now known as Outlook i.e: https://outlook.live.com, Open this URL in your browser and click on “Create free account” or Click here to directly go to the sign up page.
- Pick a username: You have to pick a unique username in this step, choose a username for your account that no one has used before and which you can easily remember, as this username will be used to login to your hotmail account.
- Choose your Account Password: In this step, you have to set up a strong password for your account. A few tips for choosing a secure password:
- On this page, Microsoft asks you to enter all the correct information about yourself to create an account for hotmail. In this step, you have to provide all the legit information there so that in case your account get compromise it will be easy for the Hotmail recovery team to recognize you and your account.
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Country Name and in the last fill the Captcha to create your account.
- That’s it! After the last step, you will be automatically logged in to your Hotmail account.
Hotmail Login: How to Sign in to your Account?
Just like the sign up process, hotmail login is also simple and easy to done process. No matter which device you use you can access your hotmail account using any device at any place. This is what makes this service even more awesome because it allows you to use one account on multiple devices.
Its really a simple process, however if you’re doing it for the first time or if you still don’t know the Hotmail sign in process, you can follow the process given below.
Hotmail login via PC/Laptop
- From your desktop, open any web browser and go to the Official Hotmail website, or just click here to go the hotmail sign in page.
- On this page you have to enter the username of your account, if you don’t know what is your username you can enter your Hotmail email address and click Next.
- On the next page, it will ask you for the account password. Enter your password click on Sign in.
- That’s it! You are now logged in and now you will be redirected to Hotmail Dashboard.
- You can also use Multiple Hotmail accounts at once using any device.
Hotmail login via Mobile Phone/Tablet
- Go to Google Play Store (Android) or Apple App Store (iOS).
- Search for Outlook, and Install the first and Official application from the list.
- Once the installation is complete, login to your hotmail account by entering your username/email and password of your account.
- From the Applications Home Screen, Tap on Outlook to go to Hotmail inbox.
- The second method is to use your account using mobile web browser, just open any web browser and follow the steps given above for PC/Laptop, rest of the method is same.
Recommended: You should use Hotmail Two-Step Verification to make your account even more secure.
Sign in issues in Hotmail account
There some problems that you face when trying to login to your account. Although, we will provide solutions to such issues.
Now here i am telling you how i resolve this issue, so you follow the same process, If Microsoft has blocked or suspended your hotmail account, the most chances are that its security has been compromised.
To unblock your account, you have to click on “Continue” button. There are two ways how you can confirm your identity: via your PC ,or via a phone number.
You want to re-activate your Hotmail account that you had deleted before: Go to Hotmail website. Must enter your email and password. Then click on “Activate My Account” button and agree with the terms & conditions. In the end, you will get the access of Hotmail inbox of your deleted account.
Log out of your Hotmail Account
You are using your Hotmail account and you wants to log out so, follow some simple and easy steps.
- You must click the profile icon, and you can find the icon right-upper corner of your page.
- In the open menu, you have to select the “Sign out”.
- You have successfully log out of your account.
How can i Recover my Hotmail Account using Phone Number?
If you’re unable to access your account, you don’t need to worry about it as there are plenty of ways to recover your account in easy ways. The Microsoft team helps you to easily recover your hotmail account with multiple options.
You can recover your account by verifying your Recovery email and by getting a link on your recovery email or you can use Mobile verification method.
In this method you will receive a verification code on your registered mobile phone number and then enter it to verification code field on the verification page. It is as simple as it sounds, but if you still not getting it correctly you can follow the steps given below.
First of all you need to fill up the Recovery Form
Whether you are using email or phone number verification, the first step is to fill out the recovery form as Microsoft team needs to find your account and to confirm that the account belongs to you. After this step is completed then you’re going in to the hotmail account recovery steps.
Few tips for filling up the Hotmail account Recovery Form
- Always fill up the form with the original and legit details of your account.
- Choose the right prefix of your email address.
- You can choose your prescribed recovery method, but make sure to use the method which is easily available to you.
- Always make sure that you do this process on your own device, i.e: your own mobile phone or your own Personal computer. Never do this process on any publicly used device.
- Once you recover your account, make to sure to remember the credentials or save it somewhere which you can easily access at anytime. Choose strong security for your account and also activate Two-Factor authentication for your account.
Make sure to provide the original details
If you provide 100% original details of your account, it will increase the chances of your account getting recovered more quickly.
But after verification you can always update or change the details of your account. You can fill up the recovery form 2 times per day which is recommended, failing to verify your account 2 times in a day can raise a red flag and which also delays the process.
Recover your closed Account
If you have requested to close your account permanently and now decided to use it again, then you can still get your account back. But there are few conditions to get your account back.
If you have requested to close account before 60 days your account cannot be recovered. The only way to get back your account is to request to re-open it before 60 days of your request.
And if your account is inactive for a longer period of time, like if you haven’t signed in to your account since an year it automatically gets deactivated and deleted due to inactivity.
In this way, you can easily recover your account. You can also follow this same guide to use the same account on multiple devices at once.
If you still need more help regarding your Microsoft account, feel free to contact us by Contact form or by sending us an email! You can also comment down your problem and we will try our best to solve it.